Would you like to improve your shopper experience and increase conversion during Black Friday period and beyond with just a few improvements? Then improving your checkout for mobile is key.
While mobile commerce accounts for 73% of all digital commerce transactions by value in 20211 mobile phones have the highest shopping cart abandonment rate of all devices across all industries, with 85.65%, compared to 80,4% for tablets and 73% for desktops.2 Shopping on a mobile device provides quite a different experience compared to bigger screens. That’s why optimizing your checkout for mobile commerce is a must in 2021 and can give you an edge over your competitors during Black Friday.
Mobile commerce and Black Friday
Black Friday is undoubtedly one of the world’s biggest sales days of the year and presents a huge opportunity for merchants to attract new and existing customers alike. After lost revenues due to the pandemic and lockdowns, we expect retailers to use this event to make up for the lost time. Ensuring that your store offers optimized and fast mobile checkouts is a standout way to keep pace with your customers' online shopping expectations, especially from mobile-first users like Millennials and Gen Z.
Being able to pay seamlessly can make the difference between a failed and a successful website visit. With higher website traffic and sales volume for many merchants, Black Friday is an important time to take a closer look at your website and ensure that the whole shopping experience is seamless across all devices, including different screen sizes.
Let’s look at ways to optimize your checkout pages:
1. Include one-click checkout options. Suppose your customer purchased at your store before and set up an account with you. In that case, you can use tokenization to store their sensitive information for more straightforward future purchases without putting it at risk.
Check out session #7 of our Black Friday series to read more about optimizing your checkout with tokenization.
2. The right payment method for the right audience. Mobile shoppers usually look for fast and convenient ways to complete a purchase. Making the checkout as easy as possible for your customers is essential for increasing conversions and sales. While it’s not necessary or even practical to offer every payment method available, you’ll want to take a look at your target audiences to provide the right payment method to the right audience.
Different generations and demographics of customers use different payment methods. In addition to local preferences, Millennials and Gen Z, for example, are more likely to use digital wallets than older generations.3 Choose from our mix of over 30 national and international payment methods to cater them all.
3. Progressive Web Apps (PWA) With customers increasingly buying via mobile devices, webshop owners might wonder which solution to develop to satisfy this target market: a responsive webshop or an app? Apps are faster and more user friendly, but the costs for the development are higher than responsive webshops. Moreover, online customers may not be inclined to install an app for a single purchase.
Progressive Web Apps (PWA) combine the advantages of webshops and mobile apps easily by using one platform - which allows you to bypass laborious and cost-intensive developing processes while simultaneously enhancing repeat purchases and seamless customer experiences using different channels.
Some benefits of PWA:
- Simplicity when compared to dedicated apps. PWA applications work for all modern iOS and Android devices at the same time. There is no need to face the restrictions of the Google Store or App Store.
- Offline mode. Working offline allows customers to search for their favorite products even when they are in places where there may be problems with the Internet connection, such as public transport.
- Increase conversion rates. Better user experience results in higher conversion rates.4
- Installation. Users can add the application to the home screen of their smartphone with one click.
At MultiSafepay, we’re constantly improving our payments solutions to keep pace with developments in ecommerce. And we’ve been involved with the development of the PWA technology for the mobile application market from the outset. Via MultiSafepay, you’ll be able to utilize the PWA technology through PWA Studio, ScandiPWA, or Vue Storefront.
For more information on these PWA integrations check our technical documentation.
Get ready for Black Friday 2021
With more than 20 years of experience in ecommerce and a variety of digital payment solutions and features, let MultiSafepay help you adapt to your customers’ demands and stay ahead of the market.