PayPal is an international payment processing service allowing consumers to pay by credit card or create a digital wallet to store preferred payment methods. With a global reach Paypal deserves to be part of any business's international expansion.
MultiSafepay supports seamless integration with PayPal with the PayPal API. Funds are transferred directly to the merchant’s PayPal business account, while the transaction statuses and payment validation are managed by MultiSafepay. In order to integrate your PayPal Business account with MultiSafepay, the PayPal account API settings must be configured. Once the integration is completed you can receive payments through this gateway by using one of our plugins, or by implementing a custom integration with our API.
Important: PayPal must be requested manually in order to enable it in your MultiSafepay merchant account. To request the activation of PayPal please send an email to [email protected] and include your Account ID along with your request to enable PayPal.
Please follow the steps below in order to configure your PayPal account and accept payments through MultiSafepay:
- Login on your PayPal Business account and Navigate to Tools >> API Access and select 'Set up API's in the popup window;
- On the 'API Access' page, click 'Add or edit API permissions';
- You will be redirected to the 'Manage Third Party Access' page where you should add API access for the following username: paypal_api1.multisafepay.com.
We need the following permissions in order to process transactions:
- Use Express Checkout to process payments;
- Issue a refund for a specific transaction;
- Process your customers credit or debit card payments;
- Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions;
- Obtain information about a single transaction;
- Obtain authorization for pre-approved payments and initiate pre-approved transactions;
- Use Express Checkout to process mobile payments.
Important: your PayPal account must have a verified bank account and a verified email address.
MultiSafepay PayPal integration
Once you have set the permissions within your PayPal account and PayPal has been activated in your MultiSafepay merchant account, the final step is to configure your PayPal Account / Merchant ID in the PayPal Gateway settings. To configure the PayPal Account ID, please follow the steps below.
- Log in on your MultiSafepay back-office
- Go to Settings > Payment methods
- Enable PayPal as a payment method
- Configure your PayPal Merchant ID
- Optional: select the logo you want to display on the PayPal payment pages. You can upload the logo in the 'payment page templates' section.
Your account is now configured and you are ready to accept MultiSafepay payments. We strongly recommend you perform 1 or more test transactions in order to ensure everything is working correctly.
Please note that if you have enabled payment methods on a particular website, you should also enable PayPal for that specific website. Logos shown on the PayPal payment page can also be selected per website.
The transaction status refers to the status of the actual payment. MultiSafepay uses the order status for PayPal transactions.. Since we do not collect the funds of completed PayPal transactions (as they are directly sent to your PayPal account), the transaction status will remain 'initialized'.
Please note the various descriptions of statuses and how they should be interpreted:
|Transaction status||Order status||Description|
The consumer started an transaction.
Funds have been received on the merchant's PayPal account.
The consumer did not finish this transaction and it has expired.
The consumer manually cancelled the order.