MultiSafepay is the top Payment Services Provider 2021 as named by Emerce 100! Read more

Mobile commerce doubles in just 12 months

11/05/2013 Industry news

Sales via m-commerce continue to grow and will amount to approximately €1.2 billion this year. The number of mobile buyers also continues to increase. In the first half of 2013, as many as 2.3 million Dutch mobile users made a purchase online.

64% of mobile buyers used a tablet with the remaining 36% using a smartphone. Mobile buyers average 39 years of age and nearly half are classified as highly educated. The male to female ratio among mobile buyers was virtually equal.

Mobile iDEAL

The main reasons for consumers to make purchases on mobile are convenience and speed. Until recently many online merchants lacked an appropriate mobile optimized checkout experience. With iDEAL being the most popular payment method in the Netherlands local consumers desired a mobile optimized version. In response, Rabobank, ING and online bank Knab, recently launched mobile friendly iDEAL payment systems.

MultiSafepay makes mobile Checkout easy

The payment pages at MultiSafepay adjust automatically when using a tablet or smartphone. All payment pages are developed using an approach called responsive design. This means that your consumers will have a great checkout experience regardless of the device they are using.